Please read these booking conditions carefully.
All OzBus Tours trips are sold subject to the following conditions:
1) To make a booking you can book directly over
the telephone or via our website. You will need to pay a
non-refundable deposit as indicated for the trip you chose.
OzBus will then invoice you for the remainder of the cost as per the schedule indicated for your trip
If you book less than eight weeks before departure, full payment must be made on booking.
The person making the booking must be at least 18 years old and possess the legal capacity and authority to make the booking.
The booking is not accepted and no contract shall exist between us until the date shown on the confirmation issued by the Company.
2) Notification of cancellation must be made to
the Company in writing and will be effective upon receipt.
If you cancel your booking more than eight weeks before departure, you may transfer your deposit to another trip in our current programme (provided you are not already booked on it), subject to your notifying us in writing within two weeks of your cancellation, telling us which trip you wish to transfer to.
If the trip you transfer to is more expensive than the one you originally booked, a further deposit will also be payable.
If you subsequently cancel the trip to which you have transferred, we will retain your full original deposit.
3) If you cancel your booking less than 4 weeks before departure OzBus will not refund your deposit and you will be charged an additonal 15% of the total fare.
If you cancel your booking up to 30 days before departure we will retain your deposit.
These dates refer to the date OzBus receive written notification of your cancellation. OzBus strongly recommend you to take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation costs.
4) If you do not pay the balance of your trip cost by the due date of eight weeks before departure, OzBus reserves the right to terminate your booking and you will lose your deposit.
5) OzBus will let you know as soon as possible
if we are forced to significantly alter or cancel your trip.
In these circumstances you can choose to accept our offer of a replacement trip or a full refund of the money you have paid.
Your decision about which alternative you accept must be made as soon as possible after we notify you. If appropriate OzBus will also compensate you for the inconvenience unless the alteration or cancellation is because there are insufficient numbers to run the trip, or if the alteration or cancellation has come about because of unavoidable, unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control or affected by reason of circumstances amounting to "force majeure".
OzBus shall inform you eight weeks prior to departure if there are insufficient numbers to run the trip and in all other circumstances we will endeavour to inform you at the earliest opportunity.
Circumstances amounting to "force majeure" include any event which OzBus or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not even, with all due care, foresee or forestall such as (by way of example and not by way of limitation) war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, acts of God, adverse weather conditions and all similar events.
OzBus strongly advises you not to incur any non-refundable incidental expenses, e.g. for visas or flights, before we send you final confirmation of your itinerary.
6) Before the booking is confirmed and a contract comes into force, OzBus reserve the right to increase or decrease published prices.
You have the right to withdraw from the booking at this stage if
you do not accept the price revision. The contract will exist when
you have accepted or not objected to any price revision and we have
issued a confirmation invoice.
OzBus reserves the right to impose surcharges once you have booked, but no surcharges will be imposed within 30 days of departure and any downward revision in the price will be refunded to you. Surcharges will only be imposed for variations in:
a) transport costs, including the cost of fuel.
b) dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports; or
c) the exchange rates applied to the booking.
Price increases and surcharges will be calculated according to the full extra cost compared to the costs and exchange rates obtained when the trip was published on our web site.
In any event we shall absorb any such surcharge up to 2% of the original trip cost.
Any increase to the price which exceeds 10% of the total trip cost will entitle you to the options outlined in the clause six above.
7) A general indication is provided on our
website and other information of the itinerary for your trip, the
type of accommodation used, what is included in the price, passport
and visa requirements and health formalities.
Changes in all of these items may be made at any time and OzBus will notify you of any changes that we become aware of as soon as we are reasonably able to do so.
8) Any information or advice provided by the
Company on matters such as permits, visas, vaccinations, climate,
clothing, baggage, etc. is given in good faith, but without
responsibility on the part of the Company.
It is your responsibility to check with your doctor at least two months prior to travel for the latest health requirements, vaccination recommendations for your destination and any costs.
OzBus cannot accept responsibility for any failure to comply which results in any costs or fines being incurred and you are advised to check with your passport office or the consulate in question if you have any queries.
Clients travelling overland in this way may need to also pass through controls of other countries en route so this should be allowed for with any passport/visa applications.
9) If any significant changes to the trip have
to be made before departure, OzBus undertake to inform you, and you
are entitled to the options detailed in clause seven above.
A 'significant change' does not include a change of carrier, transport or named accommodation, but is normally considered a change of more than 24 hours in departure or return timings, a change of departure point or a major itinerary re-routing.
10) Your booking is accepted on the
understanding that you realise the hazards involved in this kind of
travel, including injury, disease, loss or damage to property,
inconvenience and discomfort. The whole philosophy of this type of
travel is one which allows alternatives and a substantial degree of
The outline itineraries given for each trip must therefore be taken as an indication of what each trip can hope to do, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of OzBus.
Changes in itinerary may be caused by local political conditions, flight cancellations, mechanical breakdown, weather, border restrictions, sickness, or other unforeseeable circumstances.
It is a fundamental condition of joining any OzBus trip described on our website that you accept this flexibility, and acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience, discomfort, or disappointment, are possible. OzBus will always endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements.
If it is impossible to make alternative arrangements or if a passenger is unable, or does not choose for good reason, to complete an itinerary outlined for a trip, the Company is not under any obligation to supply alternative itineraries, excursions, accommodations, services or staff for the period when the client is not present with the group.
11) On an active group trip it is necessary at all times that you abide by the authority of the leader, who represents the company. If you commit any illegal act when on the trip or if in the reasonable opinion of the leader your behaviour is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others, OzBus may terminate your travel arrangements without any liability on our part. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people's enjoyment of the trip, you must advise us of this at the time of booking.
12) Before you come on the trip you must be covered by insurance, which must include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue, including helicopter rescue and air ambulance. If you join the trip without adequate insurance you may not be allowed to continue on the trip, with no right of refund.
13) If you are joining the trip locally (ie not starting with the group from the UK) our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time, OzBus shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you to meet up with the group. If the group arrival is delayed to the local joining point we will provide you with the same room and board basis as will be provided to the group.
14) If you have any complaint about the trip,
you must make it known at the earliest opportunity to The Tour
Leader, who will normally be able to take appropriate action.
If you are not satisfied with their response and you feel your enjoyment of the trip is likely to be significantly affected, you should notify the OzBus office and we will do our best to resolve the problem.
If at the end of the trip, you feel your complaint has not been properly dealt with, we shall try and agree a settlement with you, but you must first notify us of your complaint in writing within 28 days of your scheduled date of return.
15) OzBus are responsible to you for the proper
performance of our obligations under the contract irrespective of
whether those obligations are provided directly by us, or by third
party service providers engaged by us acting within the proper
course of their employment.
OzBus are liable to you for any damage caused to you by our failure to perform the contract or by our improper performance of the contract, unless that failure is:
a) attributable to you;
b) attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services and are unforeseeable or unavoidable;
c) due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control and could not have been avoided even if all due care had been taken
d) due to an event which even with all due care we could not foresee or forestall
16) If you have a medical condition, serious illness, recently undergone surgery, or have suffered a recent accident, you must advise us and your airline as you may need to be cleared for travel by the airline which will Involve obtaining a Fitness to Fly Certificate from your GP.
17) Any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our trips may be used by the company without charge in all media (whether now existing or in the future invented) for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, slides, video shows and on website.
18) To ensure that your trip runs smoothly, we need to use information such as your name and address, special needs, dietary requirements etc. OzBus will apply appropriate security measures to protect this data. However, we must pass it to suppliers of your travel arrangements including local operators, airlines, hotels and transport companies. We may also supply it to security or credit checking companies, and to public authorities such as customs and immigration. Some areas you will visit are outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where controls on data protection, may not be as strict as in the UK. We will only pass data, including sensitive information regarding disabilities or dietary and religious requirements, to people responsible for your trip arrangements. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot provide your booking. When you make this booking, you consent to this information being passed to the relevant people. We can supply a copy of your information held by us.
19) When you offer to purchase a trip from us you agree to accept all these conditions, and when OzBus accept your booking we agree to carry out our obligations to you as defined on our website and other information provided to you. This Agreement will be governed by English law and any disputes will be dealt with by the English courts.
20) The prices, offers and details contained on our website are valid at the time of publication. Please note prices, offers and details can change and where this is the case, they will be updated on our website.
OzBus offers truly awesome experiences that no one should miss.
Dont wait until it's over...to wish you had gone....